Saturday, January 30, 2010

Talking, talking, talking

Since Christmas, Caleb's language has REALLY taken off. It is crazy! I am so glad that we have used baby sign language with him because most of the words he is saying are words he has been signing, like car, bus, etc. Well this week he has gotten crazy...Tuesday he said "happy", Wednesday he said "elbow" and pointed to his elbow, and today he turned and said "More crackers please." It was the first "sentence" he has ever said! I went sprinting across the room to give him crackers to encourage him to keep talking.
We are still getting some of the screaming and pointing when he wants something and have to remind him to use his words. We get a lot of "what's that?" "What's that?" The other crazy thing is what he has picked up. We were looking through one of his books the other day and there was like 10 different sea creatures in it and I said "Where's the pufferfish" and he totally pointed to it! And he could point to the dolphin, whale, star fish and other animals on the page. Then he pointed to the treasure chest and said "treasure." Every time we get to a stage I think, this is the most fun, but then he gets older and I think, this is the most fun. I hope it always continues like that. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love their little voices when they first learn to talk. Caleb sounded so cute at Christmas time, it's crazy how in one month since we saw him he says even more words. You're right, the older they get the funner they are, but I especially LOVE the learning to talk stage. Tanner is getting there....

    ReplyDelete