Sunday, May 30, 2010

Why didn't I bring my camera?!?

Yesterday Caleb and I went to the mall and I had one of those "Why didn't I bring my camera" moments. I mean the whole reason we have a flip video is because the size and weight makes it easy to carry anywhere. Anyways, here's what happened.
Caleb and I went to the mall to buy a swimsuit for me. When we were ready to leave it started pouring down rain! I mean pouring. I don't even own an umbrella so I figured we should find something to do while we waited for the rain to stop. Luckily they have this place in the mall that has a bunch of bounce houses and you pay and the kids can go in and jump around in the different bounce houses. I had never taken Caleb before so I talked to one of the ladies and asked her if I could go into any of the bounce houses with him so that he would feel comfortable trying it out. She said that there was one bounce house only for kids under 3 and that I could go into that one with him. She also let us go in for free since it was Caleb's first time to try it out. He had a blast! At first he was kind of hesitant but then another little boy came in and was bouncing all around and Caleb kind of figured out what it was all about. Another boy gave him a ball to use and he jumped around and threw his ball and ran after it. They had slides and pads that he could crawl on.
But the part I wish I had my camera for was when they called all the kids together to dance to the song "Cha cha slide." It something all the workers do for birthdays and the song says things like "everybody clap your hands" and "right stomp, left stomp." So Caleb was in the middle of the all these 8 and 9 year old kids copying them trying to do the dance. It was seriously one of the cutest things I've ever seen him do. And then when the song finished the workers screamed "Happy birthday" which Caleb repeated and then started jumping around saying "I did it," "I did it!" My description seriously doesn't do it justice. I loved seeing him that happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment