Sunday, November 14, 2010

2 and a Half


Caleb is now two and a half. He has turned into Mr. Independent. He is always saying, "I can do it all by yourself." (He means "myself.") He is really committed to climbing into booster chairs and car seats by himself. He also wants to buckle his own car seat. He refuses to let us get a band aid for him but has to open it and put it on himself. Whenever he does something, he shouts "I did it" and runs up to get a high-five. Watch out if you try to help him in any of these tasks because you are asking for a melt down.
We haven't had much in the way of "terrible twos" but lately Caleb has been throwing more fits, throwing toys, hitting me or Travis...he definitely has quite a temper.
For Halloween he dressed up as a UT football player. We took him to the ward trunk or treat on Saturday. I was unaware how seriously people take Trunk or Treat here and was a little embarrassed by our undecorated trunk/ lack of lawn chairs/ lack of spooky music. I also took Caleb trick or treating around our neighborhood on Sunday. He would say "trick or treat," "thank you," and "happy hawwoween" to everyone. He also loved the jack-o-lanterns and still talks to me about them and how scary they were. The funniest thing was there was a little girl walking around in a pumpkin suit (she must have been barely walking) and Caleb walked up to her and leaned down to talk to her and gave her a hug. Caleb has always been pretty interested in babies. We only lasted about 45 minutes because it ended up being a lot of walking, so I brought Caleb back to bathe and go to bed and figured I'd still answer the door for trick-or-treaters while I was getting him ready for bed. I had him out of the tub and wrapped in a towel when the door bell rang. I told him to stay put and went to hand out candy and there were like 20 people at the door. I started handing out candy and then heard a ruckus amongst the trick or treaters and turned to see Caleb streaking all over the house. I had to close the door except a crack and finish handing out candy.
We also got the chance to go to Disneyland in October. We visited the beach and then spent five days at the park. Caleb loved it. He still talks about it all the time. The things he mentions the most are the plane ride where the plane took off and landed on the ground and he talks about characters he saw in the Pixar parade like the robot walking around with Jack Jack on his head. He loved the rides. He really liked the car ride where you drive the cars around a track and he loved the Buzz Lightyear ride where you shoot aliens. He also loves to talk about the Winnie the Pooh ride and how Winnie the Pooh was all dirty from the honey and how that was so funny. Personally I loved the water rides the most even though I got soaked on the rapids ride and it was pretty cold outside. It was so nice going with our cousins and Grandma and Grandpa DeJong. It really made it that much more fun with us to be with family.
The saddest thing about the trip is that we didn't want to take our new nice camera so we took an old camera and when we got there it wouldn't work. The battery was gone. We even tried recharging it and that didn't help. I mean who goes to Disneyland for the first time without a camera?!? Luckily we have pictures that Mandy and Grandma DeJong took that I will post when we got a hold of them.

1 comment:

  1. Love the streaking around the house on halloween story! So funny! Sounds like you guys have been having lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete