Saturday, August 7, 2010

Schlitterbahn Trip

Our last family trip of the summer was another trip to Schlitterbahn. It's so hot here that any trip we take has to involve water and we like the water park at Schlitterbahn a lot better than the one at Sea World so we decided to take one last trip for the summer.
Caleb had a blast! There is so much that he loves to do there. He is like a little fish swimming around in the water. This trip he liked going around the "wave pool/ lazy river" with us that he has been a little uncomfortable with in the past. He loved the "pirate ship" where he goes down slides all by himself. He went down some slides where he was flying down and I was getting nervous but he was laughing like crazy. We also snuck him on to a ride we could do together called the "Family Blaster." One of the lifeguards told me that that was one of the only rides that we would all be able to do together, so after waiting for 30 minutes, we saw that you couldn't ride if you were under 42 inches. We were like, you have to be kidding me. Then the people in front of us suggested just throwing him in a life jacket and jumping on the ride like we didn't know. We did that and ended up being able to go. It is a giant circular tub that we sat in with Caleb wedged between us. You go down these roaring rapids and then get shot up to the top of the ride. I was screaming but Travis and Caleb were both laughing. It was so much fun to be able to do something all together.
At about 7:00 we decided to take him home and we pretty much had to drag him to the car. We were on the road for about about a half hour and he was out. It's about a 2 hour drive for us to Schlitterbahn. I wish it was closer because we would get season passes and go a lot more frequently. It's a really family friendly park. They have free parking and let you take in your own food and drinks. I was pretty proud of myself because I made chicken salad sandwiches and noodle salad, neither of which I had ever made before, and they were pretty delicious. I always bring way more food than I think we will eat and we usually end up eating all of it anyways. I think it has something to do with being in the sun and being outside all day. Anyways, that was the last trip we will be able to take this summer and it was a very successful one.

No comments:

Post a Comment